Friday, December 17, 2010

Semester's End

Well, final exams are over at long last. I'm tired (I went to bed at 4 a.m. this morning after finishing a paper I've known about all semester...and I did that the night before too). My roommates have all left so the suite is empty. They're going abroad, too, so they had to pack their rooms up. Everything is white. Everything echoes. It's really depressing. I like the quiet, though.

Today I had to run errands around campus to tie up the semester and I had to make a list of all of the places I had to go and things I needed to do; that's how scatter-brained I've been this week. I tried to balance the workload with fun stuff -- I wanted to savor the last few days of my junior year here. Six months in Europe is a long time. That hasn't really hit me yet, but I know it will. At the same time, I hear study abroad flies by. Still, it's half a year.

I have to go close up my residence hall (my last RA duty of the year!), but once I'm home and grounded (albeit briefly), I'll catch everyone up to speed on my big Irish plans.

Till then...slainte ("Cheers" in Gaelic, though the "a" has an acute accent that I haven't yet figured out how to make on my keyboard)!

No comments:

Post a Comment